Would you like to smash through the barriers and limiting beliefs that you have about yourself and move forward with your life?
Without confidence you will never be able to lead the life that you want. Confident people are successful people. You can spot them a mile away, can’t you?
More from YourTango: Genuine Happiness Comes from Within
Many people in life have the same amount of skills but what holds them back is their lack of self-belief.
The difference between those that succeed and those who do not is Confidence. They keep at it until they get what they want. This is because they confidently believe in their goals and their own ability.
If you are reading this now, you are aware that a lack of confidence has seriously held you back in achieving the important goals of your life. It is time you do away with your misgivings and lack of self-belief.
You don’t want to be timid and quiet when the world around you is confident and brimming with life, do you? So, here are 20 simple tips to increasing your confidence.
1. Think about someone who is confident and act, talk and walk like him or her. Model their mannerisms and behavior. It works for them; it will work for you.
2. Smile a lot more. That doesn’t mean putting a silly grin on your face! But smile when you walk down the street, when you meet people and generally be happier even if you’re not feeling that way.
3. Learn from the past; don’t beat yourself up about it. It’s gone; it’s never coming back. Instead learn from it for next time.
4. Buy yourself some new clothes, get your hair done, treat yourself to something new. It will make you feel better and will give your ego a boost.
5. Are you prepared for situations? Are you prepared enough to meet any challenge that may come up? Are you prepared for that meeting, that presentation, that job interview, when you meet someone for the first time? If not, get to it.
6. Play to your strengths. Know what you’re good at and expose yourself to these opportunities at every opportunity – because you’re good at it, you’ll enjoy it and have more confidence.
7. Improve your weaknesses. Know and appreciate what these are and put a plan in place to improve them over time.
More from YourTango: The Big Work-Life Balance Debate
8. Learn how to say no to people. Don’t be afraid, you’ve got nothing to be afraid of. Just watch the reaction on their face after you’ve said it the first time and there will be no going back.
See the entire list at: http://bit.ly/byA5zq