Ask any guy what makeup look he likes on women and, besides being surprised there are more than two: makeup and no makeup, the average dude will tell you he likes a natural beauty. Hey, we get it. Kissing a face full of gloss and powder is no fun. But us natural beauties also know that the natural look your boyfriend says he digs takes a little time...and a little makeup. Here, how to get the au naturale beauty look men love:
1. Prep your skin. A great natural look starts with great skin. Make sure you're washing your face every night and using makeup remover to scrub off your war paint. Once you've got a clean face, moisturize. Make sure you're choosing a moisturizer made for your skin, especially if it's sensitive, dry, or oily. Next, give your foundation or concealer a base to hold on to with a makeup primer. We love MAC's Prep + Prime, which blots away excess oil, soothes skin, and improves the application of foundation.
More from YourTango: Power Women: 4 Must-Know Dating Secrets Of Successful Ladies
2. Even out skin tone. Your weapon will depend on how much coverage you need. If you've got great skin, go for a tinted moisturizer, or just cover up red spots and slight discoloration by lightly patting concealer on the spots where you need it. Need a little more coverage? Apply a light, pea-sized layer of foundation all over your face. We love the Beautyblender sponge for this, but if you're using your fingers, use your pinky for the lightest application.
3. You glow, girl. The key to taking your natural makeup to the next level is a gorgeous glow. Our secret weapon: shimmer and highlighting. We use Stila's All Over Shimmer. The liquid luminizer looks like a nail polish, and the brush gives great application control. Light up your face with a few light dabs: on your brow bone and in the corners of your eyes to open up your peepers, and along your cheekbones to give your skin a sexy sheen. 4 Summer Beauty Trends Men Love
More from YourTango: Win The Classic Timbuk2 Messenger Bag!
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
• 7 Makeup Tips For Your Wedding Day
• 5 Beauty Tips From A Guy
• Perfect First-Date Make With These 3 Tips [EXPERT]