“Don’t be a shnook. It’s not how you feel—it’s how you look.”
~Fernando, aka Billy Crystal on SNL
Fernando had a point. Kind of.
Research shows that if you feel you look good, you do feel good or something about feeling and looking good. Or something like that. Anyway, Valentine’s Day is a great time to take a long look in the mirror, shoot yourself some love and think about how to give yourself a slight-to-majorly fabulous makeover. And oh, what dating and love adventures can open up from that!
So here’s my dating advice. Go ahead, go shopping and make sure you give yourself permission to experiment! A new fiercely-wonderful look can emerge, that will open up a whole new side of you—which will emanate coolness, confidence, charisma, machismo or machisma. And, most likely, irresistible attraction that leads to some serious canoodling with the right partner. So why not take some time to reinvent your look in a playful way.
Here are ten makeover ideas for women and men to consider:
1. Go Lady Gaga with a hat complete with face veil. Guys, skip the veil.
2. Don’t kid yourself: that jacket you’ve had since college is not vintage! Splurge on one that has coolness factor.
3. Get black eyeliner and go “Twilight.” Make your Valentine’s Day one to remember.
4. Get seriously tight high-end jeans that show off your ass-ets.
5. For women get & wear bright red lipstick. Research shows men are gaga for red on a woman. For guys, try it out too! But maybe a Goth-type color.
6. Pick up a temporary tattoo. One with your partner’s name will give you great game in the bedroom. No partner? Go with “mom” for extra sweetness appeal.
7. Get a pair of the sexiest shoes or boots you see. Forget about being able to walk. It’s over-rated.
8. Try waxing areas of the body that would give you even more of the silky smooth feeling. If you are a guy, try waxing your chest. (At the very least, this act atones for all “sins” of the past.)
9. Go over-the-top Fergie-licious with those pointy finger gloves. They’re not sex toys, but…
10. Make eye contact with people and put a smile on your face. The cheapest and best accessory you will ever find, period.
Bottom line, play around and have fun with recreating yourself. If you experiment, you will be amazed at how different makeover moves can uncover here-to-for hidden, cool and empowering aspects of your personality. If you find a look that is quintessentially you, the real deal, chances are, you will find a whole new level confidence and much greater success in dating and love relationships. So this Valentine’s Day, gaze in the mirror and say, “You look maahvelous!”
News Flash: Dr. Diana’s bestseller, Love in 90 Days, is just out in paperback with a new chapter, Dating Games Men Play. Instant insight into the minds of men! Hurry over to http://www.lovein90days.com/new-dating-book/ for $100 in Free bonus gifts for the first 500 to order it.