Here's a little inspiration to tell your love how you really feel.
Here's the thing about love: It's hard to put into words.
Love brings up emotions that run the gamut from agony to ecstasy. Love can inspire us to accomplish some of the craziest and most amazing feats.
While we can all pretty much recognize the emotions associated with love, actually finding the words to explain those feelings is a pretty tough order.
People have searched for centuries to find the right way to say "I love you" and to try to explain those butterflies in your stomach, that warm fuzzy feeling in your belly and that heart skipping a beat.
One thing we DO know is that whether you've love and won — or loved and lost, it's ALWAYS worth it.
Luckily, some the world's greatest artists, poets, musicians and hopeless romantics (like ourselves) have managed to articulate the magic of love using words so simple and perfect, sharing them can mean the world.
How love works ...
1. "The best love is the kind that awakens the soul; that makes us reach for more, that plants the fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. That’s what I hope to give you forever."
2. "I look at you and see the rest of my life in front of my eyes."
Love brings happiness ...
3. "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."
4. "All, everything that I understand, I only understand because I love."
Where love is, God is ...
5. "And remember, as it was written, to love another person is to see the face of God."
6. "I'm much more me when I'm with you."
Why love hurts ...
7. "It's a very dangerous state. You are inclined to recklessness and kind of tune out the rest of your life and everything that's been important to you. It's actually not all that pleasurable. I don't know who the hell wants to get in a situation where you can't bear an hour without somebody's company."
Love is giving ...
9. "To love is nothing. To be loved is something. But to love and be loved, that’s everything."
— T. Tolis
10. "I saw that you were perfect, and so I loved you. Then I saw that you were not perfect and I loved you even more."
Love is unselfish ...
11. "In order to be happy oneself it is necessary to make at least one other person happy."
When love takes over ...
12. "The heart wants what it wants. There's no logic to these things. You meet someone and you fall in love and that's that."
13. "There's no substitute for a great love who says, 'No matter what's wrong with you, you're welcome at this table.'"
Love grow and grows ...
14. "I swear I couldn't love you more than I do right now, and yet I know I will tomorrow."
15. "If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you."
16. "You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not."
17. "I would rather spend one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone."
Love is friendship ...
18. "You are my best friend, my human diary and my other half. You mean the world to me and I LOVE YOU."
19. "If I know what love is, it is because of you."
Love is vulnerable ...
20. "Don’t forget I’m just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."
21. "I choose you. And I'll choose you over and over and over. Without pause, without a doubt, in a heartbeat. I'll keep choosing you."
22. "It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages."
23. "When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."
How love is poetic ...
24. "At the touch of love everyone becomes a poet."
25. "I realized I was thinking of you, and I began to wonder how long you'd been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: Since I met you, you've never left."
26. "Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. Pain of love lasts a lifetime."
27. "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage."
28. "Love is like war: easy to begin but very hard to stop."
29. "Thinking of you keeps me awake. Dreaming of you keeps me asleep. Being with you keeps me alive."
When love finds you ...
30. "We are shaped and fashioned by those we love."
31. "When love is not madness it is not love."
32. "You have bewitched me body and soul, and I love, I love, I LOVE YOU."
33. "Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused."
34. "Love is so short, forgetting is so long."
35. "One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love."
36. "I wish I could turn back the clock. I'd find you sooner and love you longer."
37. "You know it's love when all you want is that person to be happy, even if you're not part of their happiness."
38. "The greatest thing you'll ever learn Is to love and be loved in return."
39. "I hope you know that every time I tell you to get home safe, stay warm, have a good day, or sleep well what I am really saying is I love you. I love you so damn much that it is starting to steal other words' meanings. "
Love brings joy ...
40. "I have decided to stick to love; hate is too great a burden to bear."
41. "You don't love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear."
42. "Better to have lost and loved than never to have loved at all."
How love changes over time ...
43. "When I say I love you more, I don't mean I love you more than you love me. I mean I love you more than the bad days ahead of us, I love you more than any fight we will ever have. I love you more than the distance between us, I love you more than any obstacle that could try and come between us. I love you the most."
Love is silly ...
44. "All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
45. "Where there is love there is life."
46. "I want you. All of you. Your flaws. Your mistakes. Your imperfections. I want you, and only you."
47. "And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make."
48. "Because I could watch you for a single minute and find a thousand things that I love about you."
49. "There is a madness in loving you, a lack of reason that makes it feel so flawless."
50. "All of me loves all of you."
Anthropologist and YourTango Expert Helen Fisher has spent her career trying to understand it. Here's what she knows:
If you're searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) ... look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious relationship truths, we've got you covered.