Learn what messages your body sends when you haven't even uttered a word.
Whether you know it or not, your body is communicating before you utter a word. If you are single, working on your body language is a smart strategy to improve your dating results. Why? Because when you flirt, you are relying on body language to convey your openness and approachability.
As human beings, we naturally pick up more information and make judgments based on reading body language. So, make sure yours is conveying what you really want to say and telling a friendly story.
It's really no secret that men don't enjoy being rejected. Women don't like it either! (Who would?) So, if you are a single woman looking for love with the right man, make it your main objective to look friendly and interested. It's so much easier than you think!
Here are some body language tips for using your body to communicate from a distance:
- Smile! It makes you look pretty.
- Primp. Play with your hair and smooth your clothing as if to say "Look at me! I'm ready for male attention."
- Stand tall. Good posture makes you look confident, and men love a confident woman.
- Glance. Enjoy brief eye contact with a man before slowly looking away.
- Expose. Show off your wrists and neck because they are traditional erogenous zones.
- Tilt. Tilt your head because this sends the message you are interested.
Here are some body language tips for using your body to communicate from close-up:
- Nod. When he's talking, look interested in what he is saying.
- Touch. Touch him lightly on his arm or shoulder to make a point, but don't linger.
- Whisper. Get close to whisper something, then pull away, look him in the eyes briefly and smile.
Now, here are some gestures you should always try to avoid:
- Crossed arms or legs. Don't cross your arms in front of your body or stand with your legs crossed as this signals you are not approachable.
- Slouching. Poor posture and slouching shoulders demonstrates low self-esteem, which is the opposite of what most men want.
- Hidden hands. Hands in your pockets means you might be hiding something.
- Nose touching. Don't touch your nose. It's the telltale sign of a liar!
- Too close. Don't invade his personal space before you know he is interested, so he doesn't feel crowded.
Given my 10 years working as a dating coach with thousands of women, I've gathered some fabulous evidence that flirting and body language work! Let me share a story to prove this point.
Two of my clients, Beth and Connie, both 49 and divorced, took my flirting class and decided to go to a bar and try it out. These two women were both very "type A" career women that normally didn't interact with men and to tell the truth, weren't that warm and friendly.
They came back to class the next week excited with girlish glee to share their stellar results. Beth had two men ask for her phone number, which she claimed had never happened before in a bar or anywhere and Connie was asked out on a date.
These two women were delighted and astonished by what a little flirting could do. But as their dating coach, let me share another potent secret with you: The biggest change in their behavior was that they were open to and paid attention to the men. They decided to be friendly and interested.
Normally, Beth and Connie would have looked down their noses at any man who had the nerve to approach them while drinking a glass of wine at a bar. But on this night, they looked for opportunities to connect with men. And voila — it worked.
I hope you'll try some of these proven flirting methods to attract and meet more men today! You'll discover how easy and productive flirting really is.
To stay connected to Ronnie and get her free ebook "5 Big Turnoffs that Drive Men Away and 7 Surefire Ways to Become Irresistible to Men" click here!
This article was originally published at It's Never Too Late for Love . Reprinted with permission from the author.