If you still haven't tried online dating, now's the time. Here's why:
1. Over 40 million people in the US are online dating. That is a boat load of single people. Somewhere among them is a good match for you. Just let the sheer volume sink into your noggin. Dating is a numbers game, and this is how you can hit the lottery of love.
More from YourTango: Planning Your Dream Proposal: Are You For Real!?
2. Online dating is totally mainstream now. Everywhere you turn, you can read about online dating. It is in the Wall Street Journal, Time Magazine, USA Today, The Huffington Post and almost every television network. It is so prevalent in our society, scientists are even studying and reporting on it. That means its not just for lonely hearts and desperate people; it's for anyone looking for love. How To Turn Off A Man On Your First Date
3. It doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Match.com is about 100 dollars for six months. What else can you do for that price? Not much. Stay away from sites that don't let you browse first before paying. You might have to fill out a profile to browse, but usually you won't have to pay. Check out how many men they have with your desired criteria, within a 25 to 50 mile radius of your zip code. When you want to start meeting people, you'll have to commit to using the site and pay for membership.
4. You can get started really fast. Write your profile, post a few pictures and usually within 24 hours you will be approved and ready to go. It doesn't need to take much time, unless you are a perfectionist about your profile. My dating advice – post something now and fix it later.
5. Men over 40 — and especially over 50 — are online. Women dating over 40 complain they cannot find single men. But, I know where they are. They are online. The older men get, the more they are online. In fact, the over 50 demopgraphic of singles is the fastest growing segment. In general, men over 50 tend to be less socially active and they enjoy the "privacy" of being online. Single? 10 Ways To Boost Your Self-Confidence
More from YourTango: 8 Sneaky Ways To Avoid Relationship Questions This Thanksgivukkah
6. Statistically, 20 percent of all relationships and 12 percent of marriages now start online. If you get online now, you can join the millions of happy couples who already found each other this way. Wouldn't you like to be a part of the success story? I know a Justice of the Peace who told me so many of her clients met online that she had to try it herself.
More dating advice from YourTango: