Did you know both men and women prefer to date someone who has confidence? Confidence is sexy, and in my 10 years as a dating coach, I've spoken to a number of men who all told me the same thing: A confident woman is very attractive. So, as a single woman looking for love, find ways to shore up your confidence to heighten your desirability. Check out these 10 tips to boost your self-confidence. Single? 4 Steps to Become His It-Girl
1. Update your hair. Many women don't change their hair style for five or more years at a time. Getting a new cut or color gives you a fresh new look that can help you feel younger and much more attractive.
More from YourTango: A 'Christmas Carol' Wish: Banish Your Bah-Humbug Dating Attitude
2. Get new makeup. Work with a makeup artist who can show you the best colors and application methods to accent your natural beauty. These professionals have many tricks to help you look younger and vibrant.
3. Hire a wardrobe consultant. If you don't know the right colors and styles that suit your skin tone and body type, work with a wardrobe consultant! Some high-end department stores have them on staff or you might ask friends for a referral. It's amazing what the right clothing can do for your confidence.
4. Get in shape. If you've been lasy with your fitness regime, start a new one! Working out on your own or with a trainer helps you feel so much better about yourself. Plus, exercise relieves stress and releases endorphins that help you feel good naturally.
5. Pamper yourself. If you want to be treated right, start by treating yourself well! From massage, to mani-pedis, to Reiki healing, to a bubble baths with candles, do something special for yourself because you deserve it! The very act of self care improves self-esteem.
More from YourTango: Waiting To Magically Meet Your Next BF? Here's A Dose Of Reality
6. Learn something new. Have you ever wanted to learn how to paint, speak French, or know about ancient history? When you try something new, its invigorating. Leading a rich and interesting life helps you feel more confident about who you are and what you have to offer the opposite sex.
More single advice from YourTango: