Welcome to 30 Days Of Love, our one-month initiative to bring you closer to the love you deserve for Valentine's Day! This weekend, we're shining the spotlight on shared experience — and its role in a fulfilling relationship.
What's the best way to shake things up and be more spontaneous? Travelling together! Sometimes, getting a change of scenery is just the thing to get a fresh perspective on your relationship and each other. Whether it's a romantic getaway lounging on a tropical beach or a fast-paced, fun-filled out on the ski slopes, by stepping outside of your comfort zone and sharing a new adventure, you learn more about your partner (and oftentimes, yourself).
So are you pumped yet? Ready to experience something that makes your heart race? Here are 30 shared adventures to check off your bucket list.
1. Canoe through the Cyprus Gardens in Charleston, South Carolina. Paddle through the peaceful swamps — just be watchful not to bump into sleeping crocodiles. (And did we mention, cheapest date idea ever? It's only $10 per adult!)
2. Have breakfast in bed at the Xixim Unique Mayan Hotel, located on the beaches of Celestun. Stay at one of their bungalow suites for a weekend of exploring ancient Mayan temples and caves, going on safari or even yoga on the beach.
3. Take a stroll along the San Antonio River Walk. One of the most romantic waterside cities in the country — visit for the boat rides, the year-round festivals and the too-good-to-resist Southern cuisine!
4. Hike the trails at Glacier National Park in Montana. Looking to get back in touch with nature ... in addition to each other? For seclusion, climb to the peaks of these snowy mountains and pitch a tent under a sky brimming with stars.
5. Ride horseback in Red Rock Country, Arizona. Hitch your saddles and trot up the rocky roads of these sandstone cliffs. Giddiyup!
6. Visit the Galleria dell'Accademia in Venice, Italy. It's one of the most famous museums in the world in one of the most romantic cities in the world. (As if you needed a reason.)
7. Play King and Queen in the gardens of Château de Versailles, France. After taking a tour of the famous grounds, host a picnic for two in the gardens. (Bonus points if you pack a truly French lunch.)
8. Catch a performance at Saenger Theater, New Orleans. Buy tickets for a bust-your-gut-laughing comedy show or a tear-jerking live performance at this iconic theater in the central business district.
9. Check out the Wisp Ski Resort in Maryland. Dying for some fresh powder? Hit the slopes! And if you're not skiiers, there's always snowmobile tours, dog-sledding, ice-climbing and cuddling up in your cabin by the fire.
10. Take a guided tour of Castle Island in Boston, Massachusetts. Erected in 1634, this historical site is the perfect spot to enjoy walks by the seaside and the fresh scent of the ocean air.
11. Go wine tasting in Temecula Valley Wine Country, California. Lush vineyards, vine-covered arbors, magnificent sunsets and clear, starlit skies ... this is a destination that deserves a toast.
12. Take the plunge at an aquarium ... with live sharks! (How's that for busting out of the date night rut?)
13. Play Tarzan and Jane in a treehouse on Mt. Rainier in Washington. Bring your cozy cabin experience to the next level ... by elevating the cabin 50 feet up in a giant cedar tree!
14. Hop on a scenic boat tour in Winter Park, Orlando, Florida. Float downriver along a canal lined with huge mansions, and moss-covered cypress and oak trees.
15. Relax at the Salish Lodge and Spa in Snoqualmie Valley. Looking for an outdoorsy experience without the mess of actually being outside in the wilderness? Book a stay at this rustic-luxe style lodge, a mere 30-minute drive from Seattle.
16. Find your zen on the beaches of Key West, Florida. Kona Kai Resort is a private refuge that offers lush tropical botanic gardens perfect for finding peace in an otherwise tourist-riddled vacation spot.
17. Hawaii Mauna Kea Summit & Stargazing tour. Stand among clouds and see a spectacular view of the Hawaiian skyline.
18. Ice skate at Rockefeller Center in New York. There's no place like New York City around Christmastime and gliding over ice at the rink in Rockefeller Center is the must-do for any couple.
19. Kayak on Verde River in Arizona. Looking for something a little more heart-pounding? Kick off your boats in these white waters!
22. Satisfy your cravings at Chocolate Springs Cafe in the Berkshires. Chocolate is an aphrodisiac, right? Be sure to try the chocolatier's acclaimed champagne cognac truffles!
23. Ride a hot air balloon in Aspen. Skiing in Aspen? Typical. Beat the crowds at the ski slopes and instead, get a birds-eye view of the snow-laden Rocky mountains from in the sky.
24. Biking through the countryside in Amsterdam, Netherlands. If you're both avid cyclists, this is the date of your dreams.
25. Catboat ride out of Hyannis Port. Set sail on a 34-foot longboat that bobs its way along Nantucket Sound while you feed each other shrimp cocktails and admire the ocean breeze.
26. Horse and carriage ride in Saratoga, NY. Board a horse-drawn carriage for a romantic ride in the park.
27. Cruise the Mississippi River. Musicians will serenade you with jazz and bluegrass tunes as you dock to take in the best of the South's sultry side.
28. Uncover hidden treasure — sapphires, more specifically — in Asheville, North Carolina. Forget the jeweller, try your luck searching for sapphires at Old Pressley Sapphire Mine.
29. Visit the rooftop gardens of Marrakesh, Morocco. For a breathtaking view of the intricate, interconnected havens of the city, visit a riad.
30. Snorkel in St. Croix, Virgin Islands. White sandy beaches, aquamarine waters and shimmering flurries of fish makes snorkeling in St. Croix a near magical experience for two people in love.
More juicy stories from YourTango: