... featuring advice from YourTango Expert Singles Warehouse!
Welcome to Online Dating Bootcamp: Day 10! Today is all about how to tell if your online match is long-term relationship material, featuring advice from YourTango Expert Singles Warehouse. (Wanna brush up on Bootcamp Days 1-9? Start here.)
Be honest. Every time you check your email, are you hoping for a message from that guy you met online? Do you get butterflies when you see his email address in your inbox? This could be the start of something special ... or it could just be a little fling. How can you tell if your online match is really for you? Look for these ten signs to find out.
1. There's no stop and go. When online dating, you'll encounter a lot of people who are good at pulling the disappearing act. You'll be mid- conversation, when — poof! — they disappear for two weeks, and then appear again as if nothing ever happened. If you're talking to someone who is very consistent in their frequency of communication — and that frequency is frequent — that means a few good things.
First, it means you are probably the only person they are talking to. They don't have time to email a dozen people multiple times a day. Second, it means they are ready to prioritize love. They don't just forget about their online dating account because work got busy or guests came into town. Which Online Dating Site Is Right For You?
2. You want a date at the same time. You both hit the, "Perhaps we should meet …" point at the exact same time. This means, you act on the same instinct — your instincts respond to the same stimuli. Something about that last conversation you had said to both of you, "It's time to meet this person." Odds are, if your timing matches up on that, it will match up on other things, like when you say "I love you," or when you decide to move in together.
3. You email about the little things. Do you feel the need to email someone about every funny thing that happens in an elevator, or in line at the grocery store? Are you thrilled to read their similar emails? That's wonderful. Why? Because 90% of life is insignificant, minute, and just silly. You want to be with someone who makes the small, insignificant parts of life fun and entertaining — someone whose perspective and humor on life amuses you. Also, if you're thinking of someone when even the tiniest thing happens, they must have caught your attention somehow. Playing The Field: The Pros & Cons Of Dating Around
More online dating advice from YourTango:
- What Is Mobile Dating? Should I Try It?
- The Secret To Successful Online Dating
- Ladies, You Need To Watch Out For These Online Dating Red Flags