Now, I mine for more pearls and moments of happiness throughout my day. I notice that as I feel happier and more grateful for my blessings that the rest of my life takes shape. Think about it …. when you are grateful, it's hard to be unhappy. For example, you can decide to be happy with your body today. Not because it's the ideal shape or size, but because it's healthy and strong.
Could it be better? Sure. But to be happy today and accept yourself now may help you to eat less and even exercise more. Inner happiness and acceptance can provide many perks. So what can you be happy about right now? Here are five easy practices you can do on a daily basis to bring more happiness and joy to your life: 3 Ways To Attract Your Mate Through Self Love
More from YourTango: 12 Ways To Transform Your Love Life
1. Create a happiness scale. Check in at the end of the day to see how happy you were today compared to yesterday. What things made you happy? What things upset you or threw you off? Watch for patterns and correct as necessary.
2. Put yourself on the priority list. You deserve happiness in your life. Don't let negative self-talk sabotage your happiness. Before you can ever find true happiness in your life, you need to embrace and accept the idea that you are worthy of happiness.
3. Discover your purpose and passion in life. When we feel like we are connected to our purpose and are living a purpose-driven life, happiness will follow. Your sense of worth will shoot through the roof and you will feel more connected to your soul.
4. Don't depend on others to make you happy. Learn to take responsibility for your own happiness. If you are dependent on someone else's actions in order to be happy, you will always feel like something is missing. Take control of your own happiness.
More from YourTango: Do Opposites Really Attract? [VIDEO]
5. Make a commitment to take better care of yourself. Eat better, exercise more, give something up, and get more sleep. Being more rested is just one tiny adjustment that can greatly affect your mood and level of happiness.