... featuring advice by YourTango Experts Julianne Cantarella & Heidi Lee Munson!
6. A picture is worth a thousand words. To put your best foot forward, you must post a photo. Your main photo should be a headshot with you looking directly into the camera, smiling warmly, looking approachable and happy. The photo should be clear, not grainy. Don't post pictures without you in them, group shots, or worse — you with someone of the opposite sex. —Julianne Cantarella
7. Flirt, don't fight. Do you keep getting responses from toads rather than your potential Prince Charming? It may be because your profile shows your proverbial fangs. Instead of complaining about your ex-husbands, boyfriends and deadbeat dads, be a little flirtatious. Share the ideas and activities that make you smile and your positive energy will attract the right matches. —Heidi Lee Munson
8. Check your spelling & grammar. If spelling and grammar aren't your strong suit, ask a friend to help you out. It would be such a shame to miss out on dates because of words you carelessly misspelled. —Julianne Cantarella
9. Put an honest face forward. Scour your social media accounts, ask your friends and dig through your vacation albums. A candid and natural shot of you doing what you love is the most attractive image you can present — and it is a true image. The person you are meant to find wants to know who he or she is actually getting. Posed, professional pictures can show how nicely you clean up, but let your primary profile photo show your gorgeous smile while at a ballgame, a picnic or practicing pottery. —Heidi Lee Munson
10. Complete your profile. An unfinished profile sends the message that you are dabbling in online dating, not serious at all. Take the time and make the effort to complete your profile. It will increase your chances of being contacted by someone who is serious about finding love. —Julianne Cantarella
Come back tomorrow for Online Dating Bootcamp: Day 5, How To Spot Mr. Right's Online Dating Profile with YourTango Expert Kimberly Seltzer.