- Ask Yourself: What do I really want? Am I really interested in letting my relationship go down the drain here? Why am I in it in the first place; what does my partner mean to me and my life - is it worth putting in the time and effort? If your answer is "yes," go on to number 2. If not, you have some decisions to make.
- Bend the ear of a girl friend, or a guy friend (depending on your gender and sexual orientation) - someone not likely to replace the emotional or sexual charge of your love relationship. Everyone needs someone to listen, care and add new perspective at times; you just want to pick someone who is safe, and acceptable, to the respect of your relationship. So find a friend or two that can help you process and work through your part of your issues without totally abandoning your partner.
Make more of an effort to communicate effectively with your partner. Men and women absolutely communicate differently, so there's just the first of many possible barriers. Check into 4 Steps To Help Couples Speak Their Very Own Language to identify the different barriers to effective communication with your partner and ideas on how to bridge those gaps. How effectively you communicate with your partner, makes all the difference in the quality of life you will share. It's worth the effort.
It's where the fine line between platonic and intimate is so thin, that you almost can't see it...
Article contributed by
Other Articles/News by Wendy Kay:
By Wendy KayIt's not like back in the day when bumpy meant you had to go frumpy, and gray and white hairs meant your youth was over and you should start "acting your age." Why are things different now? Because, although aging is a reality of counted time and physical changes, we know better now. Know that 50 is the new sexy, and that you have all the ... Read more
By Wendy KayThe hustle and bustle of the holiday season just seems to stack more stress onto a woman's already too busy mind. Deciding the right gifts for everyone, planning the feasts, maybe struggling with the finances or dreading family personalities at the upcoming gatherings - whatever your concerns, wouldn't some great sex more often take the edge off a ... Read more
By Wendy KayBeing in-love is a feeling like no other. It's a yearning of the heart that affects your mind like a drug, whether your lover is right in front of you, or you're anticipating a call or your next encounter. You have an insatiable desire to just be engulfed by each other. Ahhh, and it feels so good. You're actions are playful. Your conversations ... Read more
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB