8. There is difficulty following through with projects from beginning to end.
9. They ofte confuse love and pity with each other.
More from YourTango: Start Over With Family This Thanksgiving
10. They take themselves very seriously. 15 Signs You're In An Abusive Relationship
11. They learn to overreact to changes over which they have no control.
12. They are constantly seeking approval and affirmation from outside themselves because of their loss of identity.
13. They experience feelings of guilt for standing up for themselves instead of giving into others.
14. They act excessively responsible or irresponsible.
15. They become impulsive and tend to lock themselves into a course of action without giving serious consideration to alternative behaviors or possible consequences.
16. As adults, they continue to live from the viewpoint of the victim, taking no action or responsibility for their own life.
More from YourTango: 15 Reasons Couples Become Happier As Their Kids Grow Up