When you give love, you get love. Why not have a little fun with it?
We know you've got the whole "romantic Valentine's Day" thing down pat. But in case you're looking to spread a little more love around, try these 30 ideas for making everyone's love holiday the best yet. Try these tips along, with gal pals, or your partner. We're feeling more festive already!
From relationship expert Virginia Clark:
- Visit a shelter and walk a dog (or love on a cat)
- Bake someone housebound a cake, cookies or casserole.
- Write a letter in long hand to someone you miss.
- Buy fresh flowers and put them in every room.
- Find things at home you don't use and give them away.
- Pass out $1 bills to children randomly.
- Put a bow on your dog and walk it in public for people to enjoy.
- Write cards of appreciation to those who've helped you.
- Visit a senior center and give out flowers.
- Take a lonely friend to a movie and buy them popcorn.
- Give some slightly used books to a teen or woman's shelter.
- Buy makeup or toiletries and do the same.
- Treat a friend to foot massage.
- Buy a box of chocolates and give them out at work or a class.
- Keep nuts or snacks in the car to give to the homeless holding signs by the road.
From YourTango Experts Editor Rochelle Bilow:
- Give up your seat on public transit.
- Pay for the order of the person behind you at the coffee shop.
- Tell a stranger you like their shoes (or hair, or coat, or ...)
- Listen to love songs on your iPod in public ... and dance!
- Smile at babies!
- Drum up a random conversation with someone who looks bored.
- Smile! Your positive energy is a gift to everyone around you.
- Send old-fashioned Valentines (the kind school kids buy in a 30-pack!) to all of your friends.
- Leave conversation hearts with cute messages in random places where people will get a giggle.
- Try a new recipe — and make extra to share!
- Resolve not to say anything negative, for the entire day.
- Ask a couple you admire to tell you the story of how they met.
- Tell your own "couple" story to your kids, nieces or nephews.
- Learn and practice delivering a great joke and become the life of the party.
- Say "Happy Valentine's Day" to everyone you meet ... and mean it!
What are some other ways to spread the love this Valentine's Day? Leave your ideas in the comments below!
like us on facebook If you 'like' us, we'll LOVE you!