3. I will increase my positivity quotient. I’ve learned that it takes just as much energy to be glass half full as it does to be the inverse, but that of course, the former makes you feel like a zillion bucks and as a super badass bonus, attracts the awesome of the awesome. So why on earth, would you choose anything but optimism? Here’s the thing, when faced with any displeasure, you always have two choices – smile or frown your way through – and neither one of them means that you can’t feel the pain. The smile side just says, “I’m not a victim of my circumstances, I’m a student of them!” It is all about perspective: change your dial to a color one and instantly you will be more capable of attracting more light… so keep the hope alive and pocket positivity as your 2011 BFF.
4. I will set dating boundaries for myself and stick to them. One of the most worthwile things you can do in a period of reflection this weekend, is think about healthy boundaries for yourself. Essentially dating dealbreakers – things you won’t stand for along your dating path this coming year. Perhaps it is men who flake, or witnessing yourself not speaking up in relationships. Whatever it is, right them down, and don’t waiver!
5. I will date like no one is watching. Every one of us living in a free world gets a chance at love so let your course chart itself. Silence the noise of others and give yourself the gift of dating who you want, how you want. Release yourself of the pressure of opinions and judgment from family, friends, media and/or society so that you can unreservedly navigate your journey all the way to an end that you feel confident with.
6. I will turn my wounds into wisdom. No matter how much 2010 sucked, do not let it paralyze your love opportunities in 2011. Leverage your experiences so that you can become a better, brighter, more experienced dater in the next decade. As I always say, dating is love’s greatest teacher and every one of your stepping stones is preparing you for the gorgeously rich love that is coming your way!
7. I will continue to build my personal love foundation. Without a solid basis of self-love, even a budding relationship with the greatest catch in the sea is doomed to fail. Continue to nurture your own needs in 2011, paying close attention to what makes you thrive emotionally, mentally, physically and spiritually. Devote time each day to honor your beautiful self and each week to cultivating your garden so you continue to blossom into the partner you eventually want to attract.
8. I will own my love journey. If you want a positive outcome for your love destiny, it is up to YOU and you alone to create it. You cannot blame anyone or anything for why it has not arrived yet. It will… if you want it to, if you will own your yesterdays fully, your todays completely and say YES to what is next wholly.