All this talk lately about settling raises the age ol’ question among women, “Am I too picky?” Your mom will say, “Yes” before you finish asking the question but she as we know has an agenda. Your BFF who last saw you with a trade down will say, “No” because she is your #1 fan and think you can do better. Well here’s what I think. When it comes to creating your dealbreaker list, you have to look beyond the surface to see what the non-negotiable is representing because it is deeper than it appears.
Tristan Coopersmith, M.A. MFTi
Lisa had been dating her boyfriend for a few months when he gave her a beautiful necklace for Christmas. "It was a great gift… until I had to give it back," she said. "He stole it from his mom!" Lisa broke things off shortly after.
YourTango's Take: Jewelry is generally safe, but in this case it's just plain tacky. If you can't keep the goods, don't bother giving 'em!
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do