- "My Stupid Mouth" is about learning what to say/not say on a date.
- "Love Song for No One" is about being out of love.
- "In Repair" is about wearing scars.
- "I'm Gonna Find Another You" is about rebounding.
- "I Don't Trust Myself With Loving You" is about being insecure about being loved.
- "Dreaming with a Broken Heart" is about being broken hearted.
- "Half my Heart" is about self-realization.
- "Man on the Side" is about being #2.
- "Slow Dancing in a Burning Room" is about the sadness of a breakup.
- "Tell Me What to Say" is about not knowing how to impress a girl.
- "Try" is about deciding to be yourself with women.
- "Why Did you Mess with Forever" is about being cheated on.
And, according to Rolling Stone, through his vast dating experiences, he's uncovered some less deep, but equally important, findings like, he wants "to be the only famous person in my family." John also told RS, "I'm smart enough now to only consider coupling with people who are smart, worldly, capable, and are capacious intellectually in some way." Guess Jessica "Is this chicken or fish?" Simpson wouldn't make the cut with this love-enlightened Mayer, now would she?
Love lesson learned from John: The most satisfying part of an experience is uncovering the learning in it later.
So don't mistake John Mayer for a player. He's no player, he's a menu dater … a man who professes a desire for commitment but isn't willing to settle. A man who is working hard to understand his wants and his needs and become a better person along the way through exploring all of his options. And when he finds that love, rest assured it will be in a bigger, brighter package than he or the world that is watching ever imagined and the recipient of his love will be lucky, because he will be ready for it. And while the critics may not get him yet, John says, "this will all make perfect sense someday."
Live and love largely,