5. Just because the liquor is free flowing, doesn’t mean it comes without cost. Drink too much and you could wind up being that girl who is puking out her brains, and her sad single guts to anyone willing to listen
6. Just like practice with dating helps you figure out what you need in a relationship, weddings are great research opportunities to help you figure out what you want/don’t want at your ultimate dream event, so use the opportunity to take mental notes. It is OK to dream... anyone who tells you differently has given up!
7. The answer to the dreaded question, “How can someone as fabulous as you be single?” is “I’m holding out for someone as equally fabulous.” This leaves you standing gracefully and proudly single, with a nod to the fact you’ve had options, but turned them down. This eliminates opportunity for condolences or additional questioning, just the way you want it.
8. From the cheesy heart shaped napkins to the PDA obsessed newlyweds and the corny love songs, weddings should be used to reinvigorate your belief in love, so soak it all up! You can even use them to interview happy couples about their relationships to give you more insight about lasting love.
9. Why should only newlyweds get gifts this summer? Couldn’t you use a new toaster or some lacy lingerie? Make your own wishlist and for every wedding you attend, treat yourself to a gift, or enlist friends invited to the same weddings and surprise each other with gifts celebrating your fabulous single selves!
10. When twangs of icky feelings rush over, counteract them with a glass of champagne and a toast to your singledom. Toast to the fact you haven’t run off with the wrong guy. Toast to the things you love about your single life. Toast to your eventual future with a wonderful partner because deep down you know that great love is coming your way and it is worth waiting for.
And finally, don’t forget to enjoy the cake… no dessert is better than wedding cake, so don’t be shy… have two slices… after all, you don’t have to worry about squeezing into a gown anytime soon, now do you, so indulge while you can!
Live and love largely,