FIVE NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
Happy 2014! Here are five simple New Year’s Resolutions for anyone who wants proof that human connections promote health.
1. Practice radical empathy: Listen with an open heart and non-defensive stance
2. Move toward attunement: Be curious and really feel your partner’s experience. Reach for her or him emotionally.
3. Take your emotional pulse: Be honest about your feelings. For example, is anger or anxiety covering up hurt? Shame?
4. Be responsible for your own behaviors: Know that you can shift; your change for the good will have a ripple effect.
5. Be kind, be fair and be wise. That’s self explanatory!