Instead of resolutions to improve your appearance or surroundings, why not focus on relationships?
FIVE NEW YEAR’S RESOLUTIONS
Happy 2014! Here are five simple New Year’s Resolutions for anyone who wants proof that human connections promote health.
1. Practice radical empathy: Listen with an open heart and non-defensive stance
2. Move toward attunement: Be curious and really feel your partner’s experience. Reach for her or him emotionally.
3. Take your emotional pulse: Be honest about your feelings. For example, is anger or anxiety covering up hurt? Shame?
4. Be responsible for your own behaviors: Know that you can shift; your change for the good will have a ripple effect.
5. Be kind, be fair and be wise. That’s self explanatory!