Its always the case, life happens and all of sudden we are transitioning from something...again. Here are 5 things to remember as you move through transitions:
1) You are not alone in this transition process. Ask yourself:
More from YourTango: Include Life Coaching Into Mental Illness Healing & See Results
- Who are those in your support network? (Family, Friends, etc.)
- What can you do to put yourself 'out there'? (Activity groups, Sports/Fitness, Classes)
2) Envision what you want to become from what you learned. Reflect on:
- When I am happy, what creates that in me?
- How can I grow from this experience?
- What are three postive emotions/actions that this transition can bring?
- Who do I want to be after I grow through this?
3) So this happened...Now what? Moving from middle ground numbness:
- What am I passionate about? How can my passions connect me to the next step?
- Who or what (without any limitations) do I want to be next for me?
- Create a plan - List three things you will do in the next two weeks to move forward. (Write an affirming letter to my past self, start a gratitude journal, workout once a week with a friend).
4) Move from numb to awesome. Create a detailed list of goals.
More from YourTango: Amidst All The Chaos, Are You Right Where You Need To Be?
- List out 2 to 10 goals that are reachable in the next three months pertaining to what's next for you.
- Act on those goals each day in some small way and tell your support system about those steps. They can be your accountability partners.
5) Remember - change is normal, evolving and is part of our lives - Embrace it don't fear it
- Increase your support network - Support change for others
- Share your growth
- Express gratitude at every possible moment
Relationships, work, friendships, family...You name it - transition is part of the process - LIFE, LIVING and GROWING. Your choice can be to love the process and look forward to the person you are becoming. Happy Transitioning!