Warning signs of physical violence:
- People who are being physically abused may:
- Have frequent injuries, with the excuse of “accidents.”
- Frequently miss work, school, or social occasions, without explanation.
- Dress in clothing designed to hide bruises or scars (e.g. wearing long sleeves in the summer or sunglasses
Warning signs of isolation:
More from YourTango: Protecting Your Relationship During the Holidays
People who are being isolated by their abuser may:
- Be restricted from seeing family and friends.
- Rarely go out in public without their partner.
- Have limited access to money, credit cards, or the car.
Psychological Warning Signs:
People who are expericing psychological abuse from their partner may exhibit some of these signs:
More from YourTango: Overcoming Codependency: Reclaiming Yourself In Relationships
- Have very low self-esteem, even if they used to be confident.
- Show major personality changes (e.g. an outgoing woman becomes withdrawn).
- Be depressed, anxious, or suicidal.
If you believe that you are in a domestic violence or abusive relationship, If you are ready to reach out for help, I can provide you support during this difficult time. My office is located at 9171 Wilshire Blvd., Beverly Hills, CA 90210, (310) 281-6977.