Whatever you decide to do, honor the importance of mothering in your life and in our society. Also, remember that while this is the day set aside in this country fro recognizing mothers, this is really something that belongs to every day. Continue throughout the year to find ways to honor "mothers" in our midst. In this way you will be adding to your sense of wholeness and peace in your life.
The Rev. Christopher L. Smith, LMFT has served as a national leader around mental health issues both within the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and in professional counseling organizations. He works directly with individuals, couples, families and supervisees as the Clinical Director of Seeking Shalom in New York City. He also brings his insight to help a wider audience through writing, speaking and consultations.
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do