You can't date safely unless you know what to look for ...
Many of the early signs seem to be caring, attentive and romantic gestures. They lull you into a trap for future abuse. None of these signs in isolation is the indication of future abuse, but when you start seeing a tendency, trust your feelings, not his words. So, what are the signs?
1. He falls hard and fast. He falls in love at first sight. He says "I love you" very early in the relationship, wanting to move in together or get engaged after only a few months. He is pressuring you for a serious commitment and says it is destiny. He is extremely charming, romantic and attentive and wants to meet all your friends and family. When It Comes To Your Man, Looks Don't Always Matter
2. He's controlling. He asks you where you have been, with whom or who that male is that said "hi". He calls you five times a day to ask where you are and becomes erratic and obsessive. 7 Fool-Proof Ways To Prevent Your Man From Cheating
3. He isolates you. He demands that you spend more time together and less time with your friends. He says that some of your friends are really bad influences on you. 50 Ways To Strengthen Your Relationship
Read about other signs here.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 3 Signs You're In An Abusive Relationship
- 6 Warning Signs You're In An Abusive Relationship
- 5 Steps To Escaping An Emotionally Abusive Relationship