So you have a date this weekend. Excited? Make sure you do not fall into the same trap that most wonderful, amazing and smart women fall.
Many books were written, research and experiments conducted to prove a simple fact - men are visual animals. They love with their eyes. Men go for the woman who looks irresistible.
More from YourTango: Is Talking About Your Husband Behind His Back Harmless?
The only problem is that nobody explained us how men perceive women and how do they want women to look.
What does “irresistible”, “beautiful”, “stunning” mean for a man?
Women are dressing the way it is dictated by magazines, TV and commercials:
- Stylist and fashion designer will tell you to go for the clothes that make you seem skinnier.
- Fashion magazines are full of photos that promote the image of starved teenager in huge designer shoes. That is extremely fashionable but not feminine.
- In contrast, Playboy magazine will try to promote minimum clothes and fake boobs approach. That is very sexy, not fashionable, but is it irresistible?
Fashion magazines are read by women only, so your average man is not even familiar with the last fashion trends. Some men might even find last trends to be vulgar or funny.
On the other hand, if you are dressed a la Playboy centerfold, men do not want to have a date with you. They want to share a bed instead of having a dinner together.
More from YourTango: Are You Bullying Your Hubby?
So, here is Olympic solution, the best kept secret:
- Men love curves and in order to get his attention you have to give curves, not open skin, boobs or splits.
- Men love dresses. In dresses women look and act very feminine. That is extremely attractive.
- Most of all men love dresses that accentuate curves.
- Warning: do not show off too much skin or wear a second skin dress for the first date. Your man will be distracted and will think of you as a sexual object forgetting to appreciate your personality and intelligence.
When one of my friends shared that she blew the first date with the most promising candidate because he said that he did not feel the “spark”, I knew what was the problem straight away.
Why? Because my friend is an amazing, stunning, smart and wonderful woman.
I asked her: “what were you wearing?”
As I suspected, she dressed down for the date, and was wearing shorts. Shorts are extremely wonderful and sexy but not for the first date! After I have told her that she must wear dresses only, she never had this problem again.
Now, when I think back, I remember one particular date, when I failed to impress the most promising candidate at the date set up by our friends. It was a blind date and I had a great chance because we had a lot of common interests. I was wearing the most fashionable Cavalli jeans. The jeans looked awesome. My hair was down. I was a cool rock chick. Well, he did not appreciate it. In retrospect, that was for the best because now I am married to the most wonderful man. But it is annoying to find it out now that I was so silly.
So, now I am warning all women: Do not fall in this trap!
Good luck in your date!
If you want to know more about benefits of wearing dresses, join me in a dress wearing challenge!