The subject of mother-daughter incest is one that makes most people cringe. It is one of the greatest taboos, and a reality most wish to deny. Although there are some books and articles that discuss this topic, it is still greatly underreported and avoided. This makes it hard for women to acknowledge, even to themselves, and especially to others. I want to expose what is carried around as a shameful secret and provide more help to women who have suffered this form of abuse, exploitation and victimization. Women need to know they are not alone. They need to hear others' stories, their feelings about and reactions to this abuse, and how their lives and self-image has been affected. Let's support one another in breaking this silence and take the necessary steps towards healing and recovery.
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love