If you have lost your mother, Mother’s Day can be a painful day. The day reminds you that she is no longer around, and brings about sadness and longing that she could be with you. Some people feel they would dishonor their mom if they stop grieving. If this is you, ask yourself if your mom would want you to be sad and grieving forever. Honor yourself by trying the tips above. You can bring healing by actively processing your grief. No one can take your memories away from you. You will always have them. Most moms want the best for their kids and would want you to live a full and successful life however you define it.
Healthy ways to honor your mom when she is not around.
Article contributed by
Other Articles/News by Teresa Maples:
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do