Once you do see a destructive pattern like this, however, if keep investing in the relationship you are surely headed for heartache and ruin on many levels. Facing the reality is difficult when everything else in the relationship is in order, or if he is genuinely a decent man in spite of this “little” issue. My point is, however, that over the long haul, such a pattern is not insignificant, and that’s why periodic assessments of your relationship, starting today, matter. You’ll save yourself heartache, and a lot of wasted time.
Look for patterns in your relationship to determine if he's a keeper.
Article contributed by
Other Articles/News by Teagin Maddox~The Start Over Expert:
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love
FROM AROUND THE WEB