You keep going through the motions, but not feeling it. This is how it sometimes goes when a relationship or marriage is at its end. The whole thing can seem like a bad dream and you just hope that, one day, you'll wake up and it will be over. Why Are Men Attracted to Mean Women?
Some people want to wake up to the relationship they used to have with their partner. They long for the days of laughing together and not at one another. They yearn to talk and know their partner is eager to listen. They miss the time when there was no doubt that being together was absolutely where they should be. Should You Stay Married For The Sake Of Your Kids?
Others want to wake up and finally be done with this nightmare. They are sick of the lying, the cheating, the arguments and the cold bed. They long for a chance at love with someone else. They might even be looking forward to being alone to re-discover themselves.
Whether or not you truly want to work things out, maybe you're staying in a dying relationship for some of these reasons:
1. You can't afford to split up and financially support yourself.
2. You worry about what a breakup will do to your kids.
3. Ending the relationship seems to go against your values and beliefs.
4. You believe this is your one chance at love.
5. You're terrified to have to find dates or companionship again.
6. You still love your partner and don't want to be apart.
7. You hope a miracle happens and you two can improve things.
Despite these valid reasons for staying in an unsatisfying and possibly unhealthy relationship, you may be spending a lot of time and energy wondering if you're making a huge mistake continuing in this relationship.
It is helpful to get clear about what you truly want out of a relationship and in life. It's also helpful to be as objective as you can about what's going on right now between you and your partner. Decide what is wise and in your best interests.
More relationship advice from YourTango: