2) Regardless of whether you are male or female do not be afraid to make the first contact. A smile, a hello on your way to the washroom, or “cheers” with your glass says you are open to conversation. It gives people the “OK” that you are receptive to go to the next step.
3) Be courteous to people around you including the servers as this will be observed by others in the room. (I always watched people’s behavior when I was single as it told me a lot about their character!) If someone talks to you, acknowledge them in a friendly manner regardless of whether they are your type or not.
4) Dress appropriately & unpretentious but to suit your personality. If you are a spitfire, wear something bright & flirty and if you are conservative, dress that way. You want to attract someone fitting to who you are, so that you are compatible should there be a connection. (Opposites attract but they seldom stay together)
5) Make your seating location & body language open & receptive to others in the room.
6) Don’t blow someone off because you can’t see yourself marrying them. They may have another purpose in your life. They could become a good friend or business associate. Networking comes in all forms of communication ~ nothing is a coincidence. Enjoy it for the moment!
If you dress like a "Cougar" you will attract predators & if you dress like a "Player" you will attract high maintenance/gold digger women.
The most important thing I would like to stress in this “dating blog” is how many people need to recharge their positive thinking when looking for a potential partner. Next time you go out on the town, change your thinking by using this thought process:
“I am going to have fun & talk to men/women tonight. I am not afraid to have love in my life & not all men/women are unavailable or unapproachable. There is someone for everyone & I am worthy of a wonderful relationship. Bring it on, I am ready!”
You may not meet someone right away as it takes time to change the negative pattern of yesterday. Write out a list of changes you want to make towards finding a wonderful partnership & read this on a daily basis, especially before you go out. Make out another list on what you want in a partner. (It should include a variety of characteristics, not just material objects.)
When I decided I was ready to meet someone, I made a list of the man I wanted to share my life with & what was most important to me in a relationship. I read it each night & also said out loud “I am ready to receive this wonderful man” & within 2 months he literally appeared in my life. I give thanks everyday for being blessed with such a kind, loving & thoughtful man. You really can have what you want in your life, you just have to believe you deserve it & practice good Karma to receive it.
You must "give to receive" and show gratitude to find the ultimate happiness in your life.
Wishing you lots of love ~ let me know how it works for you. I'd love to hear your stories!
Susan McCord @ http://www.youtube.com/twobeavers