Leaves falling, soccer balls, pumpkins, football jerseys, sweatshirts, crisp air ... all indicators that autumn is in full swing. While parents are busy driving from activity to activity and kids are getting back into the school rhythm, we often forget how to connect as families, so here are some ideas:
- Get involved! Instead of sitting on the sidelines, volunteer to coach or help out.
- Eat dinner together. Do your best to find the time for this activity, even if it's on the go.
- Play in the leaves. The fall is too beautiful not to enjoy. Jump in those leaves and tackle each other! 6 Ways To Keep Your Children Safe From Sexual Abuse
- Watch a sunset or a sunrise together. With the days becoming shorter, we can enjoy this beautiful part of nature.
- Get creative. Color, paint or do some artwork together. Kids love getting messy and colorful. Adults should too!
- Listen to music ... loud. While you are driving from one place to another, turn picking the radio station into a game. This allows some musical connection.
- Have a family slumber party. Sometimes you may not see your family much during the week. Have a family slumber party on the weekend where you all get to cozy up and watch some movies. Don't forget to involve the pets! Parents? 5 Tips For Raising Your Kids Together
- Get moving. Walk together, go for a bike ride, dance your booty off. The more you move, the better you feel. Let's face it, we all need to exercise!
- Hug, snuggle, and high five! Touching is important to our health. Find time to be affectionate with your children.
- Get in touch with nature. While you are watching sports or running around, take the time to notice your surroundings and the beauty that is all around you everyday. 8 Valuable Parenting Lessons I Learned From My Dog
Above all, the reason we are busy is because we want "what is best for our kids." Remember, what is best for our kids is that we are available and present, tuned into their needs. Love, enjoy and be in the moment with them!
Please visit me to get some more free ideas on how to connect with your family.