Let’s face the facts here, people. Sometimes, dating sucks.
More from YourTango: John Mayer Has Finally Learned To Be A Gentleman
That’s the truth. You have to learn to know when to say when. This is going to save you lots of time, trouble and hopefully keep men from thinking you’re crazy. Right now, I’m taking a dating hiatus. It’s because I could tell that I was getting a little crazy, and I just need to take a step back.
Know When To Say When
More from YourTango: Nice Guys Do Finish Last
Sometimes, it’s hard. You get in the dating groove, you’re racking up dates left and right, then men are just a’flockin. You’re having fun, going out, and enjoying your time with these people. Then, you start worrying, and wondering, and stressing, and just being downright insane. This is when you have to realize what’s happening.
Here are some quick ways for you recognize when it’s time to take a breather:
- If you start talking about a guy more than you actually spend time with him.
- You get this weird tight feeling in your chest when you’re thinking about dating.
- When you start to feel bad about yourself because “you’re not getting dates”.
- You start dwelling on past relationships.
- Contacting exes that you know aren’t good for you.
- You base your self-worth on your current dating life.