Paying the compliments but getting no return on investment? Here's how to do it successfully
The moment you start paying women compliments directly, you may well be guaranteeing yourself a dry spell the likes of which are seen only in an equatorial desert, at high noon, on the first day of summer.
Paying women compliments directly (such as “Wow, you really look good today” and “You have the most beautiful, warm, inviting eyes I’ve ever seen”) can easily backfire for one (or more) of several reasons:
- She doesn’t really believe it about herself.
- She has reason to believe that you don’t really mean it and are just saying it to get in her pants.
- She has reason to believe you mean it, she believes it about herself too, but it just doesn’t impress her or speak to her in a way that results in her feeling positive about it.
- She is too used to hearing it directly, so it has lost impact.
- She’s heard it all before.
- Because of how she perceives your status or your degree of familiarity with her, she doesn’t believe you should be saying it.
Better Than Paying Women Compliments Directly: Implied Compliments
A key point that I drive home again and again with my students is the power of implied compliments.