Dating can be a tricky proposition, especially if you are a recently single woman who has passed the 40 years of age mark. Let’s fast it when you reach this stage of like time is much more valuable to you and you are less willing to put up with anything…or anyone…that wastes your time.
Starting to date again at this point in your life can be a scary moment. So here’s some top tips from us to you.
More from YourTango: Sex and Dating: Why It Really Does Matter
- Be honest in your online dating profile. Tell people exactly what you are looking for and don't be scared to be very direct about it. After all you don't want your time wasted.
- Don't be nervous. Everyone is here for the same reason, to meet people.
- Make sure you post a recent picture of yourself. In fact why not put a few up. This will allow any potential dates to really have a good look at you.
- Talk about your life in your profile. Make sure you state all the great things you do with your time. Not only will this make you more interesting to potential dates it will give them a good understanding of what you are all about.
- Have fun. Sure you might not have expected to be back out there dating again but the fact is you are. So why not enjoy it. Speak to everyone. Send loads of messages. You never know what will come from it.
Joining a mature dating site is a way of getting back out there on the dating scene again. Why not give a site a try and see how you get on.