Are you looking for Mr. Right?
Everyone has those idyllic images of a perfect mate, whether it's a movie star or a combination of traits of people we have admired in our lives. The fact is that being in a good relationship starts with more than just the physical exterior. It starts with finding someone who's in harmony with the inner you. Do You Suffer From Love Addiction?
I have discussed this issue in my book "The Law of Sobriety" because frequently, people who have been in codependent or abusive relationships don't know who they are on the inside. They have become someone else through the addiction or the bad relationship. It may be that they even change who they are to try to please who they are with at the time. What Men Want Most In Bed
Breaking this pattern begins by making changes in how we view the world around us and ourselves as a part of that world. We cannot start to look for a positive mate or partner until we are in a good place. We have to be in harmony with our inner beings and with the universe.
When this state is achieved, we become able to open up honestly and authentically to the reality of being in meaningful relationship. To get started, here are three easy tips that anyone can do in their life to find their perfect person:
1. Make a list of all the attributes you would like in this person. But you have to list more than just physical. Write down the characteristics and values and the beliefs and personality traits that you are looking for.
2. Review this list each day and think for a minute or two on each item and why it is important to you. What person in your life had that trait? Give thanks for that person being in your world in the past or in the present.
3. See yourself with a person that has the traits and attributes that you desire. Live as if person is a reality. Be open to meeting new people and look for the traits, the entire package, in people that you meet.
Remember, don't list what you don't want; list and dwell upon what you do want. Don't settle for someone that doesn't meet your ideal mate attributes because the right person is out there and waiting for you. If you just use your positive energy, he or she will enter your world.
Sherry Gaba LCSW, Psychotherapist, Life, Love & Recovery Coach is featured Celebrity Rehab on VH1. Sherry is the author of “The Law of Sobriety” which uses the law of attraction to recover from any addiction. Please download your free E book "Filling The Empty Heart" and your "Are You a Love Addict Quiz?" at www.sherrygaba.com Contact Sherry for webinars, teleseminars, coaching packages and speaking engagements. Listen to Sherry on “A Moment of Change with Sherry Gaba”on CBS Radio Take Sherry's quiz for a free eBook Filling the Empty Heart: 5 Keys to Transforming Love Addiction.
More love advice from YourTango:
- Why Can't I Find A Relationship?
- 10 Unmistakable Ways To Tell If A Man Is In Love With You
- Aww! 10 Things Men Cannot Get ENOUGH Of When It Comes To Women