- Set aside fifteen minutes a day by, for example, waking up earlier or turning off the TV earlier.
- Prepare and have dinner together. Don’t answer the phone and turn off all electronic devices.
- Take an evening walk together.
- Create and observe rituals, e.g., Thursday night date night, showering together when it rains.
- Do errands together rather than “dividing and conquering.” Driving, strolling down the grocery store aisle, and other “mindless” tasks provide great opportunities for talking.
- Every evening, just before turning out the lights, share with each other the best part of your day.
- Schedule regular getaway weekends and vacations.
- Be creative and, most importantly, be consistent.
Your marriage is (or certainly can be) your most valued relationship. Use it or lose it.