Yep, the holidays are here. It’s December 23—the work day is ending early, the final bows are getting tied and the fruitcakes are being boxed to regift. Ha!
If your holiday haze is getting thicker and heavier, here are a few ways to release the ho hum and bring back the wow! For this to work, you’ll need your holiday honey.
1. Jingle his (or her) bells. How about an unexpected phone call—even if your honey is just on the other side of the house. Share your favorite memory and the two things you loved most about him or her on the day you realized you were in love. X-rate it by adding a few sweet nothings at the end and setting a date to meet in bed later that evening.
2. You know Dancer and Prancer and Comet and Vixen. Why not be the vixen? Meet your honey later tonight in a sexy pair of silk boxers or a great silk nightgown. You can add Dancer with a few fun moves as you make your way through the door. The worst thing that will happen? You’ll both crack up laughing!
3. But the fire is so delightful! If you’ve got a fireplace, by all means use it! Don’t be too busy for a cup of cocoa or java. Light the fire and then light up your honey! No fireplace? Don’t worry—even the flame of a simple candle can be wildly romantic!
4. While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads! Okay, I have to admit, I don’t know where you can get sugar plums, even in December—but a great box of rich chocolate covered cherries and a bottle of sweet wine should do the trick. Or maybe a delicious bottle of Frangelico, the hazelnut liqueur originally created by early Christian monks over 300 years ago. With each bite or sip, tell your honey why he or she makes your life sweeter.
5. Christmas carols! No, you don’t have to sing them! How about turning them on and RELAXING for an hour. If you don’t have a great CD handy, you don’t have to worry. Pandora.com is a fabulous, free source of great music. Curl up with your honey and relax. The wrapping will still be there tomorrow, and the fruitcake will survive another day—even another decade! Take the time to listen and unwind.
No matter what your lists are (or how long), remember that the holidays are really something to be treasured, not endured. Take the time to RECEIVE the love. And to give it. Your holiday honey is the best gift you’ve got, after all. Unwrap his or her heart, sit together and enjoy each other. Be in the moment and for right now, set aside any worries. Being IN the moment—that is the real present you give your sweetheart
To your joy, your peace and your WOW! Happy holidays, everyone.
Shela Dean is a Relationship Coach, Speaker and Amazon Bestselling Author of Frequent Foreplay Miles, Your Ticket to Total Intimacy availabe on Amazon, other booksellers, and Shela's website, www.FrequentForeplayMiles.com.