ARE ALL NAMES THE SAME?
In 1948, psychologist Bertram R. Forer did an experiment with his UCLA students. He asked them to take a personality test and then offered personalized horoscopes based on the tests' very specific results. When he asked students to rate the horoscopes' accuracy, students gave them an average of 4.26 out of 5. However, he gave all his students exactly the same horoscope, which we will discuss. This experiment is a favorite one that is done in psych 101 classes. Not surprisingly, the results are usually very similar to Forer's original numbers."
Many so-called psychics are accused of having learned to use generalities like this because there are common things most of us (want to) think about ourselves. So, for the fun of it, let’s dissect these statements and see where they are located in a name.
Please consider how common some of these letter placements actually are when reading this.
1. You have a need for other people to like and admire you, and yet you tend to be critical of yourself.
Represented in names where the last letter in the first name is either ‘Y’ or ‘A’
2. While you have some personality weaknesses, you are generally able to compensate for them.
All names have both gifts and challenges and in most names, the gifts assist in overcoming the challenges.
3. You have considerable unused capacity that you have not turned to your advantage.
All names have gifts hidden in them that are currently unused or under developed.
4. Disciplined and self-controlled on the outside, you tend to be worrisome and insecure on the inside.
The vowels represent our emotions and the consonants our attitudes. Since we all have vowels in our names, we are all predisposed to this characteristic. However, this is acerbated in the combination of letters AA, JA and SA. Only a small part of the population has one of these combinations. The rest of the population is able to use the strengths in their name to overcome their internal doubts.
5. At times you have serious doubts as to whether you have made the right decision or done the right thing.
This is mainly located in the letter R which is a letter that is frequently used somewhere in a name.
6. You prefer a certain amount of change and variety and become dissatisfied when hemmed in by restrictions and limitations.
There are so many combinations that represent this characteristic. However, each combination displays this quality a bit differently than the others. Some of the placements are first vowels in a name of A, O and Y, as well as combinations of AR, OR and SH, and individual letters of C and K anywhere in the name.
7. You also pride yourself as an independent thinker and do not accept others' statements without satisfactory proof.
Surprisingly, there are not that many combinations, or names that actually indicate this quality.
8. But you have found it unwise to be too frank in revealing yourself to others.