Make it all about your partner and see just how happy it makes you.
Make this Valentine's Day special for your loved one. My advice is to focus on loving yourself first, and then focus on just loving your partner. My challenge to you is to not expect anything this Valentine's Day. Make it all about them! Here are some creative ideas you can do to make this day special.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride, Skydiving, Scuba diving Lessons—face a fear and have fun together!
- Get a couples massage together to increase intimacy and romance.
- Buy a dozen roses and put hearts on each one with loving messages or coupons such as "one free massage," also include any other promises that you may want to make (about things they love)!
- Take your sweetheart to a place you love together or plan a trip to where you were married or fell in love. I met my Swedish husband in Thailand, so going back to Thailand would be a wonderful experience. Give them a coupon to "Plan a Romantic Trip Together" in the next year.
- Focus on loving yourself, and not expecting anything, and then focus on what you can do to make your partner feel loved. You know what those things are!
- Surprise them by showing up at their work with flowers just to tell them you love them.'
- Write them a note that tells them all the reasons you love them.
- Write a poem that shows your love.
- Plan a day with everything you know they will love, do not worry what they have planned for you!
- Make sure to take time and appreciate yourself and what you love about you. Then take time and verbally tell your partner what they mean to you and why you are grateful they are in your life.
- Finish this sentence: I am grateful for you because _________________________.
- Be present with them, this is truly the greatest gift to anyone. Breathe and focus on them. Be calm and think to yourself, "I am pure love." When you know you are love, you exude love and create love with your partner.
- Bring them breakfast in bed. Yes, everyone loves this treat!
See what happens when you believe you are love and just give love to your partner unconditionally. I wish you a love-filled Valentine’s Day. You deserve it! Have fun!
About the Author
Shannon's passion is partnering with individuals, organizations and families to assist them in living into their highest potential. Her life coaching focuses on the area of self-love and relationships. Her business is www.inlovewithme.com. She has produced two highly acclaimed guided meditation CDs: The Healing Journey Within: Meditations for Abundance and Love Volume I: Deserving and Volume II: Manifesting. She also has trained extensively in the area of counseling.
Shannon also is a trained Kundalini yoga instructor. She also developed her business www.healthychildrenofdivorce.com. In this capacity, she specializes in the niche area of families/children of divorce, separation and conflict. She wrote a best selling book "The 7 Fatal Mistakes Divorced and Separated Parents Make: Strategies for Raising Healthy Children of Divorce and Conflict." She is an advocate for children and parents to live happy, healthy and peace-filled lives.
If you enjoyed this article, her best-selling CDs, The Healing Journey Within: Meditations for Abundance and Love" Volume I Deserving and Volume II: Manifesting, can be found here. In addition, her highly acclaimed and best-selling book on parenting after divorce and healing after divorce is The 7 Fatal Mistakes Divorced and Separated Parents Make: Strategies for Raising Healthy Children of Divorce and Conflict and can be found here.
Her new book, In Love With Me: 7 Self-Love Strategies for Successful Partnerships, Parenting and Performance will be released Spring/Summer 2014. To pre-order a PDF copy, click here. For all of her products, click here.
More Valentine's Day ideas on YourTango:
- 10 Awesome Valentine's Day Gifts For Him
- 9 Unconventional Valentine's Day Ideas
- 10 Gifts NOT To Give Her On Valentine's Day