3. Make a date with your girlfriends. Spend the first girl's night out taking tequila shots and dish to your girls about how he did you wrong. Get it all off your chest and have one of your friends drive your drunk ass home. Cry into your pillow until you don't have any tears left and your forehead hurts. Do this once when you first breakup but after that, he's off limits as a topic of conversation. The sooner you stop talking about him with your friends, the sooner he'll become a faded memory. Hanging out with your girls after a breakup is great way to help get your mind off so-and-so and focus on your future. Soon, you will see what a fool he is and it will make you realize he did you a favor. Have fun with your friends and enjoy your life as a single gal.
4. Show your smile. Chances are no matter who did the breaking up, your ex is still following you on Facebook. Let him know you're not sitting around feeling sorry for yourself. Take pictures of you laughing and loving life when you're out with your girlfriends. Snap one with some random guy. Plaster the sexy, fun and flirty photos of you painting the town red all over the Internet. Don't be fooled men are very territorial, even post-breakup. It will drive him bonkers seeing that you're not at home pining over him. Then, after flaunting a month or two of your fabulous new life, simply delete him and block him. This is the best way to move on and regain control. He is yesterday's news.
More from YourTango: A 10-Step Guide To Sexy Legs For Spring
5. No rebounds. The most important thing to remember when you're navigating the aftermath of a breakup is not to rush into a new relationship. Many people give in to the desire to be validated by looking for approval from a new lover. This is a recipe for disaster. Date and have fun but be cautious when it comes to letting the next person into your heart. Don't create a quasi-relationship with someone just to get over someone else. It's not fair to the other person and it will eventually bite you in the ass (and not in the good way).
6. Go away on holiday. Plan a break from your usual routine. Take a trip to a nearby town you've never visited. Hop on a vacation cruise across the ocean. Go to the spa and get a massage. Whether it's by yourself, with family or friends a change of scenery will do you some good.
7. Show yourself some love. We tend to forget we're loveable when enduring a breakup. Take care of yourself by staying healthy. People often get sick and depressed after a breakup and eat or drink too much to numb the pain. They stop exercising, wallow in self-pity, gorge themselves with potato chips and isolate. Be sure to continue your normal self-maintenance regime. Workout, eat right and be sure to take your vitamins. Do things for yourself like take a relaxing bath, go to the gym, get your nails done, send yourself flowers or buy yourself sexy lingerie. Get off your bum and take action so you can get him off your mind. Loving yourself after a breakup and taking care of yourself is the best revenge you can plot against your ex.
More from YourTango: Love For The Single Girl
8. Masturbate. Yeah, I said it. Just because you're not having sex with your ex anymore doesn't mean you should stop having sex with yourself. Having an orgasm rushes the brain with serotonin and dopamine. These chemicals increase mood and appetite and will make you feel fantastic. Don't feel guilty this is a natural aspect of the human experience and pleasuring yourself is completely normal. Keep reading ...