That Alice Walker got it right: "The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don't have any."
We also believe that there is a bright, beautiful, and unimaginably inspiring place waiting for you. You may not be able to see it yet, but we know it's there and it's waiting for you.
About Kimberly Mishkin & Liza Caldwell
It's about you, and where you are.
Because right now, you are probably struggling . . . . You are in a confusing relationship, or you might be separated, or maybe you are in the throes of dealing with divorce; but the next steps are not obvious. The future seems dimly lit, bleak and possibly unattainable.
You might be feeling hopeless, or hopeful, or guilty, or sad, or yes, even "crazy". Maybe you are confused, angry, or still in love. Or are you numb? You just want to know what to do next and how to do it. The whole gamut, the flux and the fear is normal. We know, because we've been there.
If you connect with us, you will understand concretely where you are on this journey of self-discovery and renewal and what to do next. You will learn what to expect and how best be prepared so you ensure and reassure yourself. For wherever you are -- no matter the gritty details, nor how lost you feel -- there is a path. There is a process, and we know how to help you get your footing.
SAS helps you tackle the legal, the financial, the logistical, and the emotional challenges you face today and tomorrow so you can get on with living your best life:
- What you can do if you are miserable in your relationship
- What you need to think about if you are considering divorce
- Will the kids be all right?
- Understanding the difference between a mediator and a lawyer -- and by the way, can I fire him?
- How to understand your finances so you control them and your future
- How to assess your nest: Can you stay put or must you find a new home?
- Knowing when you must consider a restraining order
- What is the best parenting plan and how to co-parent "amicably"?
- How to prepare and go back to work full time
- Ways to attain peace and balance between the stressors of work and home
- Ways to communicate with your child’s teachers about what’s going on
- How to get back in touch with you and what really matters -- so you can begin to live again
At SAS, New York City's first comprehensive divorce information, education and support center for women, we coach you through the downs and ups so you begin the most important process, how to heal and get back in touch with you and your confidence.
There is a bright, beautiful, and unimaginably inspiring place waiting for you. You may not be able to see it yet, but we know it's there and it's waiting for you.