6. Join a hiking, biking or kayaking group. You could do these activities alone, but with a singles group, you will definitely meet new people! Participating in a group activity gives you something in common to chat about.
7. Throw your own summer party. Not invited to any parties? Make your own! Ask your girlfriends to bring a guy friend. He might not be right for her, but he sure could be Mr. Right for you or one of your girlfriends. 25 Dating Dos And Don'ts [VIDEO]
More from YourTango: Could These 10 Cities Actually Break Your Heart?
8. Hang out at Barnes and Noble on a rainy Sunday. I have seen so many men flying solo at the bookstore. Browse the magazine section so you're easy to approach. Sit at a cafe table and read something. Forget your laptop or iPad because men won't want to interrupt you.
9. Listen to live music at outdoor bars. This is how I met my husband. Well, indirectly. I met his sister; she was a friend of a friend. We started gabbing and after 30-minutes, she asked me if I was seeing anyone. She thought her brother would like me and she was right!
10. Stop at a coffee shop during the day. Business men hang out at coffee shops (like Starbucks) between meetings. It's the perfect opportunity to meet guys. As I always say — sip and smile — it's very flirty.
More from YourTango: Why You Should Ignore Princeton Mom And Her (Wrong) Dating Tips