So you barrel out of the closet and into another one? Don't think so...just be you!
While June for many means weddings and the end of school, it also means IT'S GAY PRIDE MONTH. To most this would mean the lesbians, gays, bisexuals, transgender, queers, etc. will now hold their festivals of debauchery and sodomy on the streets of our fine country and influence the young ones to consider a life of moral shame. GET OVER IT!
SOME GUYS MARRY GUYS AND SOME GIRLS MARRY GIRLS.
Then there is a whole other sector of the LGBTQ world that simply wants to celebrate in their own way our unique difference we bring to the world. Sure we like to party and have a good time, but let's not throw that stereotype on all LGBTQ individuals. In fact, if you're just stepping out of the closet and trying to figure out,
"How and where do I fit in, in the LGBTQ World?"
you're not alone! We've all been there, done that.
10 Tips For Being Out And Proud...Your Way!
1. Resolve to never live behind a mask again. You fought long and hard to live your truth so go live it and be proud of it.
2. Savor the flavors before you pick a favorite. Just like Baskin Robbins 31 Flavors, there's at least that many ways to be gay and be in the gay community. Taste, savor then pick your flavorful way to be you and only you.
3. Find a Gay Yoda. No disrespect for SW, but long before Yoda there were wise sages in all communities. Even in the LGBTQ Community. Find them and listen to their advice.
4. If the shoes don't fit, go to Kenneth Cole. Ok so I'm biased and yes Kenneth Cole is so gay (figuratively not literally), but seriously if his shoes don't fit you take them back and try something else. If something is cramping your fit, don't just roll over and wear them for fashions sake. Change the shoe. Same with your gay life.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- Are Straight Feminists Against Lesbians?
- Don't Believe These 4 Common Gay Sex Myths!
- Unusual Places To Find LGBT Singles