However, when the subject is sexuality, the constitutional protection to look at what you want to look at and listen to what you want to listen to is compromised. Communities are allowed to invoke the doctrine of secondary effects and say, ‘I don't want a strip club in my city because people go to strip clubs and then they go and rape people,’ or ‘people go to strip clubs and then they go to prostitutes,’ or ‘people go to strip clubs, and then they molest their children,’ and they can claim that that is a ‘well-known secondary effect’ without having to prove it.
Dr. Marty Klein is a Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and Certified Sex Therapist.
In his award-winning books lectures, newsletter, and therapy, he helps men & women understand and accept themselves and their sexuality, reducing their feelings of guilt, shame, anxiety, and isolation.
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do