Face your fears and summon your inner-Britney with these three tips!
Jason Trawick, Britney Spears' fiance, recently opened up about how their romance began.
"It was one of those things where she moved, like, turned around, so we were face-to-face ... " he told Elle Magazine.
We would all love to have Britney's confidence to ask our crushes out on a date. However, more often than not, it's nerve-wracking. You have one chance to make a good impression and if you suddenly become speechless as your eyes meet, you may lose it. Smooching 101: 3 Easy Steps To Becoming A Better Kisser
Instead of chickening out, use Britney Spears' confidence to motivate you to ask out your crush: Be proactive like she was; prepare so you will feel and look self-assured; and think of your approach from the other person's perspective. In other words, what's in it for him?
1. Keep your approach confident. You have probably heard this one over and over again. If you don't feel the confidence, neither will your prospective date. Britney Spears grew up practicing looking confident because it's her job
If you're feeling a little unsure of yourself, practice in a mirror. Sounds corny? Yes, but it works. It's common knowledge that Britney often practices her performances in front of a mirror. 5 Ways For Stay-At-Home Moms To Save Their Sanity
Everyone from rock stars to politicians practice in front of mirrors. If it works to build self-confidence for their performances and speeches, it will work for your mini-performance too.
2. Look your date target in the eye and smile. This works because it not only says you are confident, but it builds a personal connection and familiarity. Though the initial attraction might be small, it helps your chances of securing that first date. Also, keep smiling while doing this because everyone looks better with a smile.
3. Motivate your prospective date to take action. That's business speak for make the offer so tempting he cannot refuse. Besides time with cute, sexy you, what else can you offer on the date?
Is he a lover of Chinese food? Offer to take him on a tour of little China in your city pointing out some great, unique Chinese shops. End up at a Chinese restaurant that has a great reputation. 8 Modern Dating Rules Every Single Person Should Know (And Follow!)
Does he love wine? Offer to take him to a local winery where you can learn about what wines go with certain foods. He'll love tasting the gourmet delicacies the winery will provide.
More singles advice from YourTango:
- The #1 Piece Of Advice All Single Ladies Need To Hear
- 5 Undeniably Rude Things To Never, EVER Say To A Single Lady
- 3 MAJOR Reasons You're Still Flying Solo (And How To Change Them)