8. Don't Look Back. Incompatible (and unstable) relationships end for a reason. In time, you should be able to accept the fact that your relationship has ended. At this point, do not revisit the past. Also, don't allow yourself to fall victim to a "Tennis Relationship." A Tennis Relationship is a relationship where there is a repeated back-and-forth of breakups and reconciliations. This type of relationship is detrimental to your emotional health and personal growth. Stay strong, close the door and don't look back.
Dating, Mating and Man-Handling: The Ornithological Guide to Men by Lauren Frances "This book takes you on a tour of romance, from casual dating to man-handling skills once you're in a relationship. Sometimes her depth and brilliance gets blown off because it's in such a cute, tongue-in-cheek package, but there are real, valuable theories in here in addition to being a fun read."
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
Stories we love