And I have to say that I am impressed and amazed, sometimes to the point of being stunned.
I am impressed at their ability to think through ideas and synthesize new ways of considering things. I have watched as kids will make amazing leaps of logic and not know exactly how they got there. Kids in the last ten years have been living such a radically different existence than any other generation before them, that our ways of measuring their progress don't work.
My thought is that we are doing what every generation of parents do: We talk about how kids these days are in trouble. And it seems that every generation ends up doing some amazing things as adults.
My hope, and my prediction, is that these kids are going to blow us away with what they do when they are in charge!
2. He has a network of godfathers — Lance Bass, Joey Fatone, Chris Kirkpatrick or JC Chasez — who can look after his offspring and teach him or her dance moves while babysitting when JT and Jessica Biel have date nights.
3. He is like a kid at heart and playful. See his SNL hosting gigs or his new iPhone commercial with Jimmy Fallon. The latter is just his voice, but the wide-eyed wonder is there. You can hear it. That will translate as he raises a child.
He's already conquered every other imaginable job.
4. He has had enough life experience as a boy bander, a solo artist and an actor. It's time to add "dad" to the resume. It's the only major life experience he appears to lack — on paper and in public perception, at least.
Uh, he's Justin Timberlake. We need that in the gene pool.
5. He's Justin Freaking Timberlake! He is estanlished, good-looking and talented. Now, he needs to spawn, which means his kid, if it's a boy, could go help launch a new generation of boy bands with that talent in his paternal DNA. Plus, his famous ex, Miss Britney Spears, has two sons of her own. JT needs to play catch up, y'all.
7. His childhood was about work, as an entertainer and in the Mickey Mouse Club. So it would make sense that he would totally go out of his way to make his kid enjoy … being a kid. He could also relive his own somewhat interrupted youth.