6. He’s consistent. Along the same lines as the previous sign, a keeper is reliable — a man who you can truly depend on. While all people change throughout the courses of our lives, a man you’d want to have around for the long-term isn’t wishy-washy. His word should be stronger than oak, as the phrase goes, and his loving conduct toward you should be just as steady.
7. He wants to build a life with you. When one person in a relationship wants to get married and the other doesn’t, you have a fundamental difference on your hands that needs to be addressed. A keeper, therefore, shares similar life goals as you do, and he’ll readily work with you to make sure his plans and your plans for the future can mesh.
8. He can handle your emotions. We think it’s safe to say that women have a track record of expressing our feelings more than our male counterparts. And said men need to know how to deal with our doing so in order to be considered our long-term partners. A keeper will never attack you for being overly emotional by accusing you of being “just like your mother” or, our personal favorite, calling you “crazy.”
9. He fights fair. How a man handles conflict shows as much about his character as how he acts during the good times. A keeper will express his feelings, ask for what he wants and can receive constructive criticism — without screaming, whining or pouting. He will also be capable of listening to what’s on your mind without interjecting to correct or blame you.
10. He’s a grown-up. On the road from child to adult, some guys stall out three quarters of the way, never becoming self-sufficient. An immature man who refuses to adjust to the norms and values of society doesn’t see youth as a stage but rather a refuge from responsibility. A keeper, on the other hand, is not just competent but confident in successfully managing his own life.