4. We numb out. We suppress or set the problems aside in order to function. Unfortunately, in the process, we shut down the flow of love and life. We know something just isn’t right, because we feel dissatisfied, unfulfilled, but we don’t know what to do.
5. Ironically, we try to control and manipulate, yet in our vain attempts, forget that having the perfect life is about letting go, being who we are, losing control.
“At the core of this vulnerability issue is our shame and fear and our struggle for worthiness, but it’s also the birthplace of our joy, belonging, creativity, connection,” says Dr. Brown. We can’t be selective with emotion without shutting ourselves off from life.
6. To be vulnerable is to be alive.
7. Strip away the fear, it’s all love underneath.
As Macklemore belted out in his winning Same Love at the 56th Grammies’s:
“……A world so hateful some would rather die than be who they are
And a certificate on paper isn't gonna solve it all
But it's a damn good place to start
No law is gonna change us
We have to change us
Whatever God you believe in
We come from the same one
Strip away the fear
Underneath it's all the same love….”
8. This seems to be a tough one for us to get. Yet believe it or not, even a brilliant scientist like Einstein observed, "A human being is a part of the whole called by us “universe”. He/she experiences him/herself, thoughts and feeling as something separated from the rest, a kind of optical delusion of consciousness.