* We’re so caught up in this, we don’t even realize it most of the time. We can’t relax, we just keep busy running. And when we’re in this addictive, driven state, we’re also ironically desensitized. We’re NOT feeling. We’re not integrated. In fact, “fat” isn’t a feeling, it’s NOT feeling.
* Who's Doing the Talking?
When you’re glaring at yourself in the mirror, yelling at yourself for being such a (whatever), ask yourself, who’s doing the talking here? Your MIND or Your HEART? Don’t like what you see? Do you need new glasses? Open Your Heart and Re-View it. And instead of beating up on it, try Listening to Your Body. It’s got its own wisdom to guide you. Eat when hungry, sleep when tired, for starters.
* What Baloney are You Feeding Yourself?
Is it really about what you’re EATING? OR WHAT’s EATING YOU that’s more of the problem?
* Get Real. Be Honest with Yourself.
Look at a picture of your little self, when you were a small child. You were and STILL ARE a precious, darling of the universe. You are Unique, a one-of-a-kind gem (even if it seems like it’s buried now), with immense value and worth. It is your buried treasure. Start digging for it. …BTW, How ARE You Nourishing Yourself?
* REMEMBER, what you resist persists.
What you resist, you become. Fighting against and hating yourself, loathing your body only stimulates more neuro-chemicals that keep you spinning your wheels. When you realize this, it becomes much easier to understand why we’ve felt so stuck, why we keep repeating, recreating the same stuff over and over again. But then it also becomes pretty obvious that we’re the only ones who can change things for ourselves.
* The exciting thing is, we can change.
How? Decide to Be Response-able to and for yourself. Responsibility really is just the ability to respond. Making the decision to shift your thinking and perceptions is the biggest step. Changing what you’re feeding your mind and your body follows from that.