5) So here you are, a few months later. Maybe you've corresponded with 8 to 48 guys. (Remember, if you don't reach out, you'll never know if they might have been a match!) Perhaps you've gone out 2-4 times with 2 or more guys before you both knew it was or wasn't going anywhere. Have you enjoyed the time? It was probably much more fun than resumes and interviews with several job possibilities. So what do you have to lose? Maybe several hours of your time. Maybe a few dollars on tea or coffee if you went dutch. Maybe nothing if you see this as an opportunity to explore what you can create in your life. I've been doing online dating for many years. When I'm in a relationship, I don't answer other ads. And when I feel ready after a partner and I go our separate ways, I go back online and plan for the next adventure. So tell yourself: if you have not had fun, at least you know you gave it your full attention for those few months. Now you can say, "I'm glad I checked it out. And I'm content without a partner." OR you can say, "That was fun and I'm going to keep playing." Have fun!
"Over drinks at a bar my date revealed many interesting details about himself. He used to live on 'the streets.' He claimed to have 'beat Spina Bifida.' He had had a fiancé in Japan who was open to him dating women while he was in the States. After all those amazing revelations I let him know our relationship would not be romantic. As we walked out of the bar he appeared to be suffering from some sort of stomach cramp. He told me he suffered from severe IBS and desperately needed a private bathroom. I have family members who suffer from Crohn's disease so I felt very sympathetic to his situation. I offered to let him use the bathroom in my apartment. After he had finished using the bathroom, he says, 'I know you said we could just be friends and that's fine. But, I was wondering if I could just watch you pee before I leave. I only want to watch.' P.S. — I did not let him watch me pee." -Miranda, 33
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do